Hey there daydreamers! Here's a sweet and simple do.it.yourself fabric mobile project.
Those who know my paintings know that I adore clouds... so it was fitting that I sew up a few fluffies to hang over our dining area. I've decided to make this a 'seasonal mobile' hence, it was first a doily snowflake mobile. Now, it will be a 'chance of showers' theme..
Want to make one?
Branch (or hanger of some form)
1. Cut a cloud pattern (large & small).
2. Double up your fleece/felt and cut out a grouping of clouds. I opted for a range of white/turquoise/and stormy grey colours.
3. Stitch each matching pair of clouds through your sewing machine - but leave a 1" gap at the end. With your needle still pinning down the fleece/felt... lift the pressure foot and push bits of stuffing into the cloud (a chop stick is great for this part). Finish your seam, trim the edges - and poof - your cloud is ready!
4. To add the groovy 'raindrops' feature, I strung some pearl beads onto clear thread and knotted the strands to the bottom of a couple stormy clouds. You can tie a knot around each pearl..slide it to the length you desire.. and then double knot it in place.
5. String your clouds at varying heights along a natural (or painted) branch. You could also hang them from a clothes hanger wrapped in ribbon... or a quilting hoop... etc.
Hope that inspires you to get your head in the clouds today...
and go get your craft on!